Yes, kids, now you can have your very own Plastic Waste Experiment Kit. Do with your plastic exactly what the grownups do.
Promises years of fun. Scientifically educational.
The kit comes complete with:
- 24 miniature plastic bottles
- Packaging from 12 packets of spaghetti and other pasta (not supplied)
- Packaging from 6 individually-wrapped vegetables (not supplied)
- Packing from 5-a-day fruits (not supplied)
- 2 plastic cereal containers (cereal not supplied)
- 1 plastic flower wrapper (flowers not supplied)
- 8oz miscellaneous scrunched-up plastic (colours may vary)
- Mini spade
- Mini furnace (adult supervision recommended)
- Fish tank (fish not supplied)
Use the spade to bury some plastic in your garden (ask permission first) and see how long it takes to decompose. This is a fascinating experiment you can pass on to your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Use the mini furnace to incinerate some of the plastic (adult supervision recommended). We also highly suggest you perform this experiment outside in a well-ventilated area and wear a gas mask (not supplied).
Buy some tropical fish for your fish tank (you may require adult help with this). Put plastic into the tank and see how long it takes to kill the fish.
The Young Scientist Plastic Waste Experiment Kit is available now at all good toy stores and supermarkets. Comes in sturdy, high-grade plastic moulded box, cellophane gift-wrapped.
Ref: BBC News Bring your own containers, says Waitrose
If it takes 10 pieces of plastic to kill a fish, how long before we’re all forced to become vegetarian?
If beer was cheaper in refillable bottles, would you drink more?
Leave a Comment below