When ringing a company, many people complain they’re put on hold for ages and then get through to a divvy ‘customer agent’ who hasn’t a clue how to help them.
Here are the Top Ten reasons people gave for preferring a robot:
- They don’t ask how you are. It’s none of their damn business anyway.
- They don’t waste time asking if your day is going well. If your day was going well you wouldn’t be ringing the bloody company.
- They don’t sound like your husband/wife/ex/boss. Usually.
- You can be as ignorant as you like about the topic and they won’t judge you.
- They don’t have to put you on hold every 30 seconds to check something with transport or a supervisor.
- If they don’t know the answer to a question they say so and don’t beat around the bush.
- They don’t fob you off with false promises. (Yet.) If something is not in the system, it’s not in the system.
- You can rabbit on at them for hours about your husband/wife/ex/boss and they’ll just listen.
- They don’t have to pretend sincerity. You know they’re incapable of emotion (so far) so don’t have to fake anything.
- They never tell you to have a nice day.
What’s the most annoying thing a robot has said to you?
Who have you enjoyed hanging up on the most?
Leave a Comment below