In a bid to boost his flagging support among public voters and MPs, Boris Johnson has announced a series of swingeing reforms should he become PM.
His pledges include:
- Increasing tax on the very rich, which would be defined as those earning more than an MP
- Freezing MP’s pay until 2050
- Raising the lowest threshold of taxation to £15,628
- Increasing the minimum wage to £14.32/hour
- Putting back the ‘clock on’ time of all workers by 30 minutes so everyone could have an extra half hour in bed
- Barring anyone admitting to taking drugs in the past from being an MP
- Scrapping VAT
- Scrapping university fees
- Scrapping the extortionate TV license fee
- Increasing investment in education to build more schools, reduce class sizes, and increase teachers’ wages
- Actually, really, honestly invest more in affordable housing to make house ownership available to everyone and reduce the number of homeless
- Limiting the amount by which private landlords can raise rents
- Increasing investment in the police with specific direction to tackle real crime and criminals
- Using the £350m saved by not being in the EU to fund the NHS
Mr Johnson said he wants to help all strata of society and create a fair and equitable system for all members of the population after Brexit.
When a politician speaks, how much do you believe? Use a percentage between 0% and 1%
If you had hair like Boris would you become an MP?
Leave a Comment below